Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pinchers for Hands

This is actually my final project from Klaus Janson's class last year (my sophomore year).
The assignment he gave us was to simply do the best page we could ever do for that class, and this was what I came up with. I created the character one day when I was bored in a different class, he actually started out as a Pikachu (believe it or not!). I love it when things like that happen. A drawing starts out one way, but then it drastically changes- making a happy accident.
His name is Derek, and the story is that he is dragged down under the ocean by the two crabs seen above, and is then given pinchers (instead of his hands) to protect the people above the water. It wasn't supposed to be anything, I just wanted to make a humorous 'superhero' story. Hopefully I will get to do more with this character in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment